Emergency comms. Was RE: [aprssig] Igates Are A Fair WeatherSolution (was: "Finito")

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 12:01:17 EDT 2005

As I said, it's down to training and procedure amongst other things,
still....

If you want funny phonetics, search and find what we (the Brits) used to
use during WW2!

OK on the D cell's.  Over hear, it seems at times the world runs on
AA's!..

However, I was thinking more of when having to use a shared supply, such
as a vehicle battery with all the other systems that often take chunks
out of the supply, or a poorly regulated gen-set with a linear regulated
PSU for example, or same sort of setup (PSU) but on the end of a long
power feed during a storm period.  We often get 50% brownouts where I
live, during a good blow. It's as amazing what actualy survives the dip
(TV, PC, old digi clock etc) as much as what fails. (Network switch,
mobile phone chargers!)

Dave B.  G0WBX.