[aprssig] New Paradigm progress map?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Aug 29 14:28:41 EDT 2005

>I''m going to be traveling to Knoxville in a
>couple days.  It would be nice to know when
>I need to use old RELAY and WIDE and where
>I can use WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2.

Bingo.  You are correct.  The main digi that
serves Knoxville is an old PacComm TRACE
digi.  It does not support any WIDEn-N of
any kind.  THough it could easly be changed
remotely by just adding these calls to its
ALIAS list:

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,WIDE3-3,WIDE2-1

Until they make that simple change, you have
to switch to RELAY,WIDE in the vicinity of
Knoxville and eitehr side by 50 miles or so...

Bob