[aprssig] Finito

Bob Gould bobg575 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 20:32:10 EDT 2005

Earl,

 I agree with you totally. There is no way that one
standard can work nation wide when APRS station
coverage is so different and the terrain is also so
different. If it is flat and coverage can be out to
100 miles, that is totally dofferent from hilly or
mountainous regions such as Maine. We are conducting
tests here and some of us have found that the new APRS
settings work fairly well. This does not mean that
they are not without flaw. We have many areas that do
not have the APRS coverage that we would like to have
and the new settings seem to worsen that coverage.

 That is my oppinion and anyone can have there own.

 Bob
 N1WJO