[aprssig] a special thanks

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Aug 23 15:38:48 EDT 2005

Thanks to the person or persons cross posing of all TAPR aprs messages
various web sites, I'm now getting phishing emails in german for the
Deutsche Postbank.

Here are some examples:
http://db0sif.darc.de/cgi-bin/dpcmd?R%20APRS%201458
http://gb7sol-6.middlehurst.org.uk:81/cgi-bin/msg.pz?area=0&msg=557&user=
http://db0fhn.efi.fh-nuernberg.de:8080/cmd?cmd=READ+aprdig+1814
http://134.176.128.63/cgi-bin/dpcmd?R%20APRDIG%2020

These are probably not the only source of the leaks.

It would sure be nice if well meaning people would purge the email
addresses when they post to a public place like a web site.  This
thwarts the efforts to lock down the archives on tapr to prevent the
spambots from scanning for email addresses.  My email address for
tapr.org stuff is only about 8 months old and compromised enough to
warrant changing.

Wes