[aprssig] home fill-in digis & SSn-n

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 22 18:00:16 EDT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Keith - VE7GDH wrote:

> I know that all of the old home RELAY digis should change over to
> WIDE1-1. However, should they also respond to SSn-n?

> My feeling is
> that the WIDEn-n digis should be doing that, but what is the
> consensus?

Agree with you.  SSn-N is similar to WIDEn-N except that the packets
roughly stop at state/province/country borders.  Useful for
targeting specific areas without bleeding over into adjacent areas.

Home fill-in digi's shouldn't normally be a part of SSn-N routing.
It's up to the new-paradism WIDEn-N hilltops to do this stuff.