[aprssig] RatShack 20-1601 GPS RX/1270C Connection

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 21:36:37 EDT 2005

I have the GPS feeding through a Serial<>USB adapter.
The TNC is fed through the same adapter.
Not sure if this will function.  As a matter of fact,
I believe the
Serial <>USB manual said you can NOT wire two items to
function through it at the same time...don't
understand why that is though...doesn't the GPS simply
belch it's signal when the PTT gets keyed?
Admittedly, I am not sure how I should have all this
stuff hard wired,
but I DO SEE the GPS Data being sent through the
Application, I see it on the bottom of Map / Operating
window(s).