[aprssig] Which APRS software uses "APRS" as a destination?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Aug 18 17:06:04 EDT 2005

I replied on 18/08/2005

re

> > CW2002>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CW2002: etc.
> > CW2906>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CW2906: etc.
> > KC0CGH>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,KC0CGH: etc.
> > KD7YVX>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,KD7YVX: etc.
> > KE5BCC>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,KE5BCC: etc.

> Dunno what software, but all got to the APRS-IS by TCPIP (TCPXX)
> but through an unverified connection.

I should have also commented on the qAX...
www.aprs-is.net/q.htm
* qAX - Packet was received from the client directly via a unverified
connection (FROMCALL=login).  The callSSID following the qAX is the
login of the client.  This construct is in addition to the TCPIP*/TCPXX*
construct currently in place.

All injected their beacons directly into the APRS-IS. The last three can be
traced directly via the callsign to a ham. For the first two, you would have
to find out who the CW2002 & 2906 represented.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH