[aprssig] Re: ALTNETS WAS: Is the APRS Spec for APRS Data Type Identifier just randomly ignored? Sho

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 18 16:08:28 EDT 2005

>>> wa8lmf2 at aol.com 08/18/05 3:57 PM >>>
>Does this mean it's impossible to use the
>Kenwoods on ALTNETs (since they use Mic-E
>exclusively for posits)?

Yes and no.
Mic-E (Kenwood messages) can use altnets.
Positions dont.  My thinking was that even if
you are using an altnet to cut down on clutter
on the channel, that you still want to see ALL
mobiles in your immediate area.

In all software and the kenwoods you can filter
positions by range... th elack of an ALTNET
capability there is therefore not significant.

de WB4APR