[aprssig] parked cars

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Aug 16 14:15:50 EDT 2005

Heck , even a tiny track with a GPS on will transmit the same position
over and over....

And yes, the user could use the APO switch, but most don't.... heck I'm
guilty of walking into a store and leaving my d700 turned on for an hour.

I'm trying to come up with a way to let the network protect itself.

Wes

Scott Miller wrote:

> Well, there's your problem.  Hmm, maybe I need some sort of
> competitive trade-in thing - maybe a discount on an OpenTracker if you
> promise to not use your KPC-3+ as a mobile tracker anymore?  =]
>
> Scott
> N1VG
>
> (Back in the States but still jetlagged...)
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:05 AM
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] parked cars

>>> Which trackers do that?  I think the TT3 lets you transmit only when
>>> it's
>>> got a valid position, and that's the default behavior in the
>>> OpenTracker.
>>> SmartBeaconing will also knock the beacon rate way down if it's
>>> configured
>>> right.  The OpenTracker will also let you switch profiles based on