[aprssig] How to digi 6x in the New APRS world?

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 13:44:01 EDT 2005

Well let's see, I personally know two rovers just in the NWVT area,
using our sparsely populated, by ham standards, as a guide that would
put the figure at 12-18 rovers minimum over the region Ev is
proposing to cover. Allowing a 'gentle' rate of 15 minute beacons,
each rover could possibly generate 4-600 frames per hour ... times
15 rovers let us say, so 7.5-10K extra frames per hour .... I am
sorry but no network can handle that much extra, it would be a major
additional load here on the 'fringe' between the Montreal and Albany
(NY) LANs, and if it got into those LANS, which it would it would
cripple them.

     cheers ... 73 de brian riley, underhill center, vermont
     brianbr at wulfden.org