[aprssig] How to digi 6x in the New APRS world?

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Tue Aug 16 07:43:27 EDT 2005

Hi Ev
          You do not mention what type of TNC if any that you will be
using for your APRS station.

If you are using a TNC and it is a KPC3+ then I think you can do the
following.

Set the four LT commands as.
LT 1 W2EV 10-GHZ CQ
LT 2 W2EV 10-GHZ CQ
LT 3 W2EV 10-GHZ CQ
LT 4 W2EV 10-GHZ CQ

Set the four LTP commands to
LTP 1 APRS VIA DIGIA1,DIGIB1,DIGIC1,DIGID1,DIGIE1,DIGIF1
LTP 2 APRS VIA DIGIA2,DIGIB2,DIGIC2,DIGID2,DIGIE2,DIGIF2
LTP 3 APRS VIA DIGIA3,DIGIB3,DIGIC3,DIGID3,DIGIE3,DIGIF3
LTP 4 APRS VIA DIGIA4,DIGIB4,DIGIC4,DIGID4,DIGIE4,DIGIF4

Set the DAYTIME command to set the TNC's DATE TIME

Set the BLT command
Set the START parameter below so the LT beacons go out at different
times on the hour.
BLT 1 EVERY 00:05:00 START 07:00:00
BLT 2 EVERY 00:05:00 START 07:10:00
BLT 3 EVERY 00:05:00 START 07:20:00
BLT 4 EVERY 00:05:00 START 07:30:00

The above START times are setup so that
LT 1 will be transmitted at 7:00 am then every 5 min after that.
LT 2 will be transmitted at 7:10 am then every 5 min after that.
LT 3 will be transmitted at 7:20 am then every 5 min after that.
LT 4 will be transmitted at 7:30 am then every 5 min after that.

Change your START times above to be when you want your LT beacons to
start.

Ev I believe the above will work. But I suggest before next weekend
you set up your APRS station as shown above on a different freq then
144.390. Then set up a separate packet station and using a terminal
program monitor the APRS station to see if the beacons go out at the
right times with the correct digi paths.

Let me know if the above works. Never tried the above. But do
remember others using the above to do just what you are trying to do.

On 15 Aug 2005 at 21:38, Ev Tupis (W2EV) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've temporarily resubscribed to the list with the hope of someone
explaining
> to me how to accomplish something that I need to accomplish this
upcoming
> weekend...
>
> The ARRL 10-GHz Contest is coming up next weekend.  I will be
travelling to
> Skylon Tower (Niagara Falls, Ontario), weather permitting (it's an
800 foot
> lightning rod, with a gift shop and observation deck <g>).

Snip

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs