[aprssig] Re: pocketAPRS (again)

Arte Booten n2zrc at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 13 13:40:29 EDT 2005

Hi all,

     Firstly, reports of my disappearance have been slightly exaggerated.  I
am, indeed, alive, well and still APRS'ing from New York City.

Scott W. wrote:

>... pocketAPRS [is] un-supported ... can someone give me some pointers on how
>to make a map for pocketAPRS?

     Mike Musick's mapmaking program was Mac-based.  AFAIK, he never released a
version for public consumption ... but, while still active with pocketAPRS,  he
did release  several versions of map  distributions on CD.   There used to be a
directory on TAPR where you could download *some* maps, along with the program,
but this seems to have been deleted.   I suppose this was done so because AFAIK
no new registrations are being issued.                                       73