[aprssig] "Out-of-order" data on APRS-IS

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed Aug 10 08:16:31 EDT 2005

No, to my knowledge no client buffers packets for when the Internet
connection is re-established.  If your client does, this is a major
design flaw and the author should be contacted directly to have this
corrected.

APRS and APRS-IS are near-real time.  There is no buffering of packets
waiting for a connection to be established as this would cause problems
such as described.  In fact, javAPRSSrvr disables the Nagel algorithm
(TCP/IP buffering mechanism) to help insure a steady stream of packets
to the clients and other servers.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net