[aprssig] Re: [TinyTrak] TinyTrakII Unporto string?

Ed L. Locklear, KF4CHG kf4chg at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 15:04:13 EDT 2005

Joe Della Barba wrote:

> As I just discovered, all the digis are in the process of being changed
> over to IGNORE Relay and Wide. On my local digi the only thing that
> works now is WIDEn-n. I would suggest a path of WIDE3-3. As far as your
> friends seeing you, can we assume you mean via FINDU and not direct RF?
> 73
> Joe N3HGB
> cc to APRS list in case anyone more knowledgeable than myself wants to
> jump over to this forum
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Gould" <n1wjo at yahoo.com>

Gary,

If you are traveling on I-75 North/South you will need to use a UNPROTO
path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2.  Four of the North Central Florida digipeater's
WM3B-10, W4DFU-10, K8RAG-10, and NF4CQ-10 do not support RELAY, WIDE, or
TRACE.  These 4 digi's are all "L" digi's with max useage of WIDE3-3.
So if your coming this way set your path for WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2.  This
should work for any digi that supports WIDEn-N while mobile to the
Hamvention in Dayton.

You might want to pass this along to anyone else in area.

Ed, KF4CHG