[aprssig] Pedestrian Stealth APRS antenna

Rodney Padmore rodpadmore at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 29 09:57:53 EDT 2005

I want an APRS antenna for my Kenwood D-7  that would be inconspicuous when out I am walking and with as much efficiency as possible. I am wondering, for instance, if a vhf dipole made from two rubber duckies(eys??),i.e. one rubber ducky on each side of the feed point, makes any sense. I would then 'wear' the antenna as inconspicuously as possible. If there are any better ideas or if this notion is completely 'off the wall', I would certainly like to hear of any opinions or directions to take for further enquiry into constructing such an antenna. Thanks for any comments in this regard, 73 de Rod,VE1BSK.