[aprssig] Proposal for java timer on findu pages

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Apr 26 21:24:23 EDT 2005

I have created a mockup of a position report from findu that is 2:21:05
old.  I have a timer that runs java on the page that is pre-loaded with
2hours, 21 minutes and 5 seconds that begins to tick as soon as the page
is loaded.  This timer runs the entire time the page is displayed.

http://www.kd4rdb.com/clock_test.html

Doesn't matter if your PC's clock is correct or not.... doesn't matter
what time zone you are in.... this clock would / could be preset to the
age (ie number of seconds) of the posit report by Steve's scripts at
findu and simply begin to tick off the number of seconds a page has been
displayed.

Aside from the fact I've cobbled this together, I think it's pretty
neat!  I'm sure others could spruce it up a bit.  I'm very 'java
challenged'.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here Steve.

Wes