[aprssig] Baker to Vegas Tomorrow...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:03:27 EDT 2005

>>> bherrman at spro.net 4/26/05 12:13:35 PM >>>
>Actually, there's a really simple solution that leaves
>all this complexity out of it. Bob is asking for a time on
>the page but that isn't really what he wants. What he
>really wants to know is how long ago the page was
>sent to his browser.

No, all I want is the same computer that is saying that
this packet is 13 seconds old, and the next packet was
1 minute and 47 seconds old,  to also put at the top of
the page what the time was when it made that subtraction.
Nothing could be simpler.

>All you have to do is store the initial time the browser
>got the page, calculate the difference and display it.
> I'm sure many of the counters would provide a starting
>place but I'll bet there's a sample in one of the
>online developer forums. By doing this the time zone
>doesn't matter in the least.

That sounds like a rube-goldberg approach to what I am
asking which is simply putting a time stamp on the page
the instant it was written.  Then for seconds later or
for all posterity, everything on the page is relivant
and unambiguous.  Without the time stamp, the page
is ambiguous the instant it is created.

Bob