[aprssig] Baker to Vegas Tomorrow...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Apr 25 14:18:54 EDT 2005

>>> steve at dimse.com 4/22/05 8:20:18 PM >>>
>Just a reminder, tomorrow and Sunday is the biggest
>event in the APRS year, the Baker to Vegas Run,...
> findU's page is at    http://b2v.findu.com/

I still wish FINDU pages had a date/time stamp on them
so that one could tell when they were current, when
they were reloads, when they were auto-refreshed,
or how stale they are.  As they are, I can never
trust what I see without having to hit REFRESH to
make it current.  And then minutes later, the AGE
column is useless unless I happened to write down the
time the screen was captured.

It would be so nice if the page showed something
like "DATA Timestamp:  24 APR 05 01:15:27 GMT"

Also when bringing up a browser on another PC here
in the lap, and going to FINDU, we find that it brings
up the last such page (which may have been hours,
days, or months old).  Again, can't trust the display
becayse there is nothing on it to indicate when the
data was actually valid...

Bob

<snip>

On this page there is not only a zoomable map, but a table of the
trackers, the leg of the course they are on, and the distances in that

leg. This table is not perfect, I need a GPS track of the course to do

that, and so far no one has been able to provide me with one (could
have done it myself last year when I was at Great Basin National Park,

but didn't think about it then).

The group that coordinates the APRS activity (OC RACES)  runs a javAPRS

tracking page for those that prefer that display method

http://www.b2vtracking.com/

Enjoy.

Steve K4HG