[aprssig] Live Telemetry Data Through a Simple Web Page

Brad McConahay brad at n8qq.com
Sun Apr 24 18:59:28 EDT 2005

Arne,

XSLT is definitely the XML way to get APRS data into an HTML document.  It's
definitely the way of the future, and arguably the best way overall.

But the script described by Steve targets people who know enough HTML to put
together a page, and nothing more.  (maybe described as end-users, as
opposed to developers/programmers)  This way there's no need for them to
learn XML, XSLT, perl, or anything else, in order to create their own
dynamic page.  They can just put together a quick page in an HTML editor (or
by hand), paste in some variables, and send the URL through this script ...
voila.

But, your experiment demonstrates another excellent reason to have the data
available in XML format for developers right now, and eventually end-users
too.

Brad N8QQ