[aprssig] AA3JY-4 and WIDEN-N

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 23 21:18:28 EDT 2005

joe at dellabarba.com wrote:

> I jsut discovered that  AA3JY-4  will not relay anything but WIDEn-n
> paths. RELAY, WIDEn-n and WIDE are not digitpeated. Is this now common?
> I set my TT to WIDE2-2 and WIDE3-3 now. Is there anywhere this will
> not work?
> Thanks,
> Joe
> 73 de N3HGB-5

The whole point of the "New WideN-n Paradigm" that has been discussed
and debated at vast length on this list for the last 6 months is to DO
AWAY with with RELAY and plain dumb WIDE,  since the dupe suppression
algortithms in many digis don't properly handle them (but do handle n-N
type paths).

Once again see:
        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html

or the mirror of this page on my website at:
       file:///F:/wa8lmf/WB4APRwebsiteMirror/aprs.html

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: