[aprssig] of interest to Dallas one-wire hackers...

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Apr 22 20:14:51 EDT 2005

Hey, that's pretty cool.  The hardest part about dealing with 1-wire sensors
in an embedded environment is figuring out which sensor is which.  If I do a
1-wire telemetry firmware for the OpenTracker, it'll probably need something
like this (or the 1-wire Windows utilities) to find out what the sensor
addresses are first.

In the weather instrument, it's not a big deal since you've only got one
device of each family, and you can simply send the family code and ignore
the rest of the ID.

Speaking of 1-wire, the OpenTracker weather firmware now does consensus
averaging of wind direction, like the T-238.  Seems to be working pretty
well so far - I'll probably post the new code for download this weekend.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=n1vg-2&last=24

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker