[aprssig] flying digipeater?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Apr 18 13:36:18 EDT 2005

> Deploying out of a sheltered highbay can get exciting if there's very
> much surface wind.  I don't know if you could manage to deploy in the
> woods if there was any wind at all.

Well, if it's windy, you just break out the kite digi!  =]

The only balloon launch I've ever done myself was from a sheltered highbay.
The wind was fairly light, but it still zipped out of there pretty quick.  I
wonder how far off vertical a 5 knot wind would push the balloon.

How many cubic feet in one of those lightweight disposable party balloon
cylinders?  Might make sense to design around one of those.

Scott
N1VG