[aprssig] flying digipeater?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Apr 18 13:23:25 EDT 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 12:14 PM, William McKeehan wrote:

> All that needs to be up that high is the antenna, right? Have you
> considered
> just putting the antenna up suspended from the baloon with the antenna
> wire
> running down to a digi on the ground?

100ft of feedline would be pretty heavy... of course, so would
batteries for any extended period of operation.

maybe that's another balloonsat experiment - see how long we can
operate a digipeater with a set of lithiums, maybe with some solar
backup.  Let's see, where did I put that digipeater code for a PIC?  (:

Deploying out of a sheltered highbay can get exciting if there's very
much surface wind.  I don't know if you could manage to deploy in the
woods if there was any wind at all.

-Jason
kg4wsv