[aprssig] Re: DIGIPEATING THE D-700

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 14 21:03:39 EDT 2005

Ed just found one of those old web pages giving bad advice:
I just fixed it...

>>> "Ed L. Locklear, KF4CHG"
>Bob,
>I was looking at [your D700 file] and was about to email
>the link to a friend....  When I caught the last update [was]
>"20 July 2004" ...  Would this not conform to New n-N Paradigm?
>Shouldn't it be UIDIGI  WIDE1-1 instead of RELAY?
>
>http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/d700digi.txt

Yes, normally a D700 should not have digipeat on.  Turning
the D700 on as a digi requires a PC, but then the radio
REMEMEBRS the settings and can only be turned off as
a digi with the PC again.  THus it is never a good idea to
mess around with the D700 as a UIFLOOD or UITRACE
digi unles it is at a permanent fixed site and wont go
mobile again.  (But that is a waste of a very good mobile
radio)...

Bob, Wb4APR