[aprssig] APRS on RF?

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 13 10:08:55 EDT 2005

Sorry Jason, I realize how much you like APRS. But you are dealing with
egos here. In the northeast we have it many times worse. I have to run
50 watts and a beam to get my WX reports 1 hop to the local digi (7
miles los) with flooded traffic from the greater metro area of
Eastern/Central MA, CT RI and NH. We still have a groups of "operators"
running RELAY,WIDE3-3 every 10 minutes over 120 miles away that are
killing us.

With the problems with UI-Digi, even a WIDE3-3 is like WIDE,WIDE3-3
which makes tons of copies all over the place. Spanning 200+ miles.
It's a friggin mess up here. We were recommending a directed path of
<localdigi>,WIDE. This should produce no dupes and still takes most
packets out 60+ miles

Sorry Bob, your message is NOT getting out there. I'm getting horse
repeating it.

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY