[aprssig] APRS on RF?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 13 09:01:08 EDT 2005

Saw this on the UIview reflector:

>... I am new to APRS and trying to learn.  I have the only
> APRS WX station on RADIO in my area, everyone else
> is on internet...

Actualy since APRS is 13 years old now,  I thought
that we would be able to do more with APRS in local
events.  But although the number of people that do APRS has
increased slightly from a few %, the number that can
actually use it in the field on RF may have dwindled.

These small numbers especially among the dedicated few
volunteers that do the bulk of special event operating,
make it difficult to use APRS for anything but a side-show
in many practical events...

Ham Radio.... don't forget the radio...
and take it outside... (its wireless)...

de Wb4APR