[aprssig] Paths and paradigms

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:42:57 EDT 2005

Earl,
Every statement that I make about WIDE2-2 tries to include
the words "in Dense areas."  We also say use WIDE3-3 in
sparse areas 3 or more hops from big cities.  Out where you
live in Estern NM, your situation is different.  Use what it
takes...  Bob

>>> needhame1 at plateautel.net 4/7/05 3:44:51 PM >>>

         I just got home last night from a week on the road.  I'm
starting
just how isolated I am going to be in the next months or years.  When I
see
statements like

         "Drop the RELAY. The best path to use in the US is
APRS,WIDE2-2"

         it really concerns me.  Basically, this person is saying that
two
hops is enough anywhere in the entire US and I'm not sure it is.  I can

internet to anybody from here, but RF takes a bit more than two hops,
and I
bet this isn't the only place.

         7 3
         Earl
         In eastern New Mexico, DM84, 200 miles ESE of Albuquerque

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info