[aprssig] Coverage in the National Parks

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Apr 7 09:38:54 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 8:09 AM, William McKeehan wrote:

> Not been paying attention, have you...

I'm trying to, but I honestly don't devote a lot of time to
understanding each shift of the new paradigm. History indicates it'll
be different in a few weeks anyway.  Although maybe I should, since Tim
is getting it turned on for the digis local to me - it's personal now.
(:  I already see 3 L-digis locally.

> WIDE1-1 will be added as an alias to existing RELAY only DIGI's
> (digi's that
> do not support WIDEn-N).
>
> SO, the initial WIDE1-1 is needed if you need a RELAY to get your
> packet to a
> big digi (one that suppports WIDEn-N)

OK, if it doesn't do WIDEn-n, then I assume it doesn't do duplicate
suppression, right?  If not, what's the point?

Maybe it's for when the packet hits a WIDEn-n capable first instead of
a deprecated RELAY and does some good that way?

and the WIDE2-1 gets me one hop, but not if it's via a RELAY/WIDE1-1.

> Clear as mud?

Pretty much. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv