[aprssig] Coverage in the National Parks

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Apr 7 09:09:26 EDT 2005

Not been paying attention, have you...well

WIDE1-1 will be added as an alias to existing RELAY only DIGI's (digi's that
do not support WIDEn-N).

SO, the initial WIDE1-1 is needed if you need a RELAY to get your packet to a
big digi (one that suppports WIDEn-N)

BUT then, if you only need one hop from there, you don't want to use WIDE1-1
again because the other RELAY stations in the area would catch the second
WIDE1-1 and digi it, thus causing lots of little packets PLUS the big packet
from the big digi.

Clear as mud?

At least that's how I understand it.