[aprssig] Coverage in the National Parks

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 7 08:45:29 EDT 2005

>>> kf6hjo at earthlink.net 4/5/05 7:02:40 PM >>>
>So with the [ultimate] deletion of RELAY and WIDE...
>When an outsider enters our National Parks that now
>have DIGI's in the area, [and he didn't get the word about
>the change],   Should we leave RELAY and WIDE
>on in these areas?

Yes, there is no harm done in keeping the RELAY alias for
a reasonable transition period.  But most digis already fully
support the WIDE1-1, so users may begin using the
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 path as soon as they get around to it.

If there is an area that is only supported by a fill-in digi
only, then it can have the dual aliases for the transition period,

Bob