[aprssig] New n-N settings for ui-digi

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Apr 6 12:52:40 EDT 2005

Richard KB4YTM wrote on 06/04/2005 8:52:51 AM PDT

> The WB0NOO-2 digi I see occasionally down here in Jackson. I run a
> plug-in for UIVIEW called Vicinity alarm, which alerts me to users
> moving into the area. I notice several times a callsign that was already
> in my area, either a digi or mobile, call sign gets changed. A letter or
> 2 would be missing, and then my alarm triggers to tell me there is a new
> station. Every time I check the path of the "changed" call, it has
> always digi'd through WB0NOO-2.  Is there a way that this digi is
> corrupting packets or callsigns?  I have noticed this a few times, and
> next time it does it I could post logs to show you.

One possibility - the TNC at WB0NOO-2 could have PASSALL enabled. This could lead to packet corruption. Something I really hadn't considered before, but I wonder if it's not impossible for RF to get into a TNC and mess with bits? Just a possibility. I think that PASSALL is the more likely culprit.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH