[aprssig] VB6 file open for APRS

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Apr 5 20:55:38 EDT 2005

I think the VB docs should explain how the file I/O commands work.

For text files, I usually just use the FileSystem object, thus:

Dim logfile As Object
Set logfile = fs.CreateTextFile(filename, True)
logfile.WriteLine("fnord.")
logfile.Close

I think you probably want OpenTextFile and ReadLine.  Look up
FileSystemObject for more information.  It's probably not the fastest way to
do it, but it's what I use in vbscript and ASP, so consistency is more
important for me.

Scott
N1VG