[aprssig] how to implement 'No more relay' for dummies

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Apr 5 14:23:22 EDT 2005

I am still not in agreement with this plan.  I seriously do not think
the number of dupes generated by RELAY packets is in any way a detriment
to the system.  I can say that with proof of how it is working in L.A.,
with the trap digi plan and a few digis supporting RELAY, we still cut
traffic by almost 75% even while still supporting RELAY.  It is easier
to understand than WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N, and it is best in my opinion.  I am
100% against implementing this and eliminating RELAY.  I still plan to
use RELAY and will be using it on some upcoming events with some new
APRS folks as we set up a temporary digi in a canyon for some added
coverage.  They can set their path to RELAY,WIDE2-2 and understand what
is going to happen.  To implement this as a blanket nationwide change is
a BAD idea.

73
Phil - AD6NH