[aprssig] The final WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Sat Apr 2 14:20:39 EST 2005

My vote would be to "fix" the digis in the other metro areas and leave
RELAY alone.  For example, we will be running an event in a few weeks
that winds its way through canyons and whatnot, and we will be setting
up a couple of temporary digis.  We were going to set them up to respond
to RELAY.  Why is this important?  Mainly because many of the people
involved in this are very new APRS users, and explaining how to setup a
RELAY digi and put RELAY,WIDE2-2 in their trackers is much easier than
explaining how and why they should set up their digis to respond to
WIDE1-1 and then put WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 in their trackers.

73
Phil - AD6NH