[aprssig] The final WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Apr 2 09:42:03 EST 2005

Hasan,

Maybe your digis dont have DWAIT and UIDWAIT set to 0.
In APRS, these are supposed to be set to 0 so that most
of the time, each outward tier of digis digipeat the same
packet at the same time and so all of that tier digipeats
occur in the same time slot instead of 4 different ones...
Could that be it?  Bob

>>> schiers at netins.net 4/2/05 6:44:49 AM >>>
I just changed my D7 from RELAY,WIDE2-2 to:

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

after sending several beacons, I see my packet being digipeated 3 to 4

times.
All digi's in the local area are either UI-DIGI or UI-View32 smart
digi's,
with full dupe suppression.

Now, we have always known if two digi's see the same packet at the
exact
same time (and not as a retransmission from another digi), that dupe
checking doesn't do anything. That is why I think I'm seeing 4 digi's
of my
one packet with the path noted above.

Below is a typical result of my beacon after having changed the D7
unproto
from RELAY,WIDE2-2 to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

1:Fm N0AN-8 To TR0Y4U Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=31
>[05:40:19]

'zXfl _K\>Echolink Node 30418

1:Fm N0AN-8 To TR0Y4U Via N0AN,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=31
>[05:40:19]

'zXfl _K\>Echolink Node 30418

1:Fm N0AN-8 To TR0Y4U Via N0AN,WIDE1,KI0BW-4*,WIDE2 <UI pid=F0 Len=31
 >[05:40:21]

'zXfl _K\>Echolink Node 30418

1:Fm N0AN-8 To TR0Y4U Via N0AN,WIDE1,KC0NFA-2*,WIDE2 <UI pid=F0 Len=31

 >[05:40:22]

'zXfl _K\>Echolink Node 30418

1:Fm N0AN-8 To TR0Y4U Via N0AN,WIDE1,W0DP,WIDE2* <UI pid=F0 Len=31
 >[05:40:25]

'zXfl _K\>Echolink Node 30418

Comments?

...hasan, N0AN