[aprssig] Actually, the WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 1 14:02:38 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Jordi Costa wrote:

> Many of us run AGWPE in order to share TNC between apps. A smart PC
> digipeating software, interfacing with AGWPE, could be very easy to
> implement. Some work was already done by SV2AGW. I don't know actual state
> of developments.

I believe the latest digi_ned can now use AGWPE.  It sounds like a
good fit.

Unfortunately that complicates the home system if they have to
install AGWPE, an APRS client, and smart digipeating software, plus
configure all three.  It'd be better if it were all in the client
software so that it was extremely easy for the user to
install/configure.  That's not realistic anymore for UI-View, but it
could be for other applications.