[aprssig] Why RELAY,WIDE... is so bad....

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Fri Apr 1 13:47:47 EST 2005

Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

>>I thought WIDE2-2 was agreed as the universal path?  At least, that was
>>the word I got from Bob.  That doesn't mean that is is the ONLY path,
>>but it needs to work everywhere.
>>

>It all depends on what you mean by "work".

"Work" means that if I'm mobiling across the country, I don't have to
worry about changing my path when I get to different metro and rural
areas.  I set WIDE2-2 when I leave my house, and I can leave it on that
for the duration of the trip.  This is an important feature that must,
in my opinion, be considered when configuring the country's digipeaters.

73
Phil - AD6NH