[aprssig] Actually, the WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Apr 1 13:36:22 EST 2005

The home stations know that if they hear packets then the tracked station is
in the sticks.

What if the stations all use WIDE2-2, home stations listen for 10 seconds or
something to see if the big digi also heard it, if unheard, digi's it with a
path like HOMESTATION*,ORIGPATH.

If home stations generally run on PC's and not dumb TNC's, then the software
should be able to be updated for something like this pretty simply.

Thoughts?