[aprssig] Why RELAY,WIDE... is so bad....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Apr 1 13:26:19 EST 2005

Phil,
thanks for the reminder about the WIDE2-2 (only) digis
in LA.   Maybe I forget.  Do the big-4 digis respond to
WIDE2-1?     I dont remember....

But again, the universal WIDE2-2 is the right answer
that will work everywhere.  Its just that this new tweak
is for those individuals that need a fill-in digi.  And
LA is not one of those areas.  So, I am with you on
WIDE2-2 as the all-aound best recommendation.

But at least we now have and idea that might work for
those small areas or individuals that need the home digi
so that they will *stop* using RELAY routinely...

Bob, Wb4APR