[aprssig] Why RELAY,WIDE... is so bad....

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 09:58:20 EST 2005

Jason,

In all my experiences, which don't seem to make any sense any more, our
home station RELAYs with CallSign substitution, or MyAlias was exactly
that. A home RELAY hears the RELAY,WIDE2-2 and it goes out as
WA9INF*,WIDE2-2, which I still see all our Home stations RELAYs doing
even today! Not many are actually needed with our big WIDEn-Ns, but
there are a few that do a good job. Mine is not needed, so I don't
digipeat anything..

Robbie