[aprssig] APRS low-power-local ALT input channel

J. Gary Bender, WS5N WS5N at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 27 19:21:02 EDT 2004

Hi Robbie,
Perhaps I misinterpreted the specs for devices like PocketTracker.
 I was under the impression they do not have receivers.  As transmit-only
devices, I assumed they are not aware of activity on channel.  If I am wrong, I
(happily) stand corrected.

It looked to me that Bob clearly stated that an ALT input would be an additional
input to an existing TX/RX .39 digi.  Such a digi listens to .39 AND the ALT
input, but only transmits on .39.  I think we are all in agreement that simply
cross-frequency digipeating would not accomplish anything positive.

--
Gary, WS5N