[aprssig] Every; Any; All

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 16:06:44 EDT 2004

Hi all,

It is being done and has been done for years ever since I got involved
with repeater operation and maintenance in 1967.

Volume level number one, and number two, primarily on a base station,
you jump the microphone leads with a capacitor that cuts off the very
very high end audio.

We started calling it simul-monitoring so that base stations would know
when a mobile had emergency traffic and not have to wait 2 or 3 minutes
for that long winded base station to drop it... Also allowed for the
base to hear a sneaky comment behind your back, so to speak, <g>

Robbie