[aprssig] APRS low-power-local ALT input channel

David Rush david at davidarush.com
Sun Sep 26 11:51:26 EDT 2004

First of all, I don't believe that Bob ever intended for the system he
proposed to transmit blindly on 144.390.  He proposed a system that would
move low-power, receiver-less trackers to 144.990.  Dual-port digis would
listen on 144.990 for packets to digipeat, then listen on 144.390 before
they digipeat them on 144.390.  Thus low-power receiver-less trackers would
never interfere with anyone on 144.390.

Second of all, receiver-less trackers are not guilty of intentional
interference.  Yes, they will on occasion interfere with another station,
but it's not intentional.  Whether or not this is an acceptable situation
in limited deployments is another issue.

David, KY7DR