[aprssig] Latest Xastir Release: 1.4.0, 09/16/2004

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Sat Sep 25 22:39:13 EDT 2004

If you reread my posts you will see that I have built an entire Linux
system using the Linux from Scratch process using my SUSE system as a base
for compiling all of the binaries.  My complaint is the inability to get
the necessary "pieces" in one coherent package or place. My last attempt
fizzled after two weeks of trying to find a working mirror for the bleeding
edge version some obscure library.  I can't remember what it was.

With the ubiquity of the basic pentium processor I see no reason why a
downloadable bootable cdrom distro image of Xastir can not be created.  I
have used the Demolinux distro on all sorts of machines with good results.