[aprssig] PMmap version 1.05 now on Web site

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Fri Sep 24 18:27:17 EDT 2004

Hi All
         PMmap version 1.05 is now available on my web site.
http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs

For those that do not know what PMmap is. PMmap is a Windows based
APRS Client software.

PMmap uses Precision Mapping version 6.0 for its maps.
A version of PMmap that uses Precision Mapping version 7.0 is in the
near future. When PMmap is upgraded to use Precision Mapping version
7.0 PMmap will be able to use version 6.0 and 7.0.

What follows is the whats new. For the complete whats new please go
to the web page.

Version 1.05
Maintance Release.
Fixed a problem with a user staying connected to the internet for
more than 6 hours.
What would happen is the Raw Received Packet form would over flow and
then show nothing.
This did not cause PMmap to fail but would cause a problem if the
user then tried to
use any of the Weather features on the Weather Form.

Fixed a problem with a user having the TCP/IP port as the only port
open and then
receiving a message. The Ack would go out the RF ports even tho they
are not open.
This would cause the sending station to never get an ACK from PMmap.
This is now fixed.
No other bug fixes at this time due to the fact that no one has
reported any other bugs to fix.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs