[aprssig] Latest Xastir Release: 1.4.0, 09/16/2004

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 23 19:06:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, John Kraus wrote:

> I have SUSE 8.0 pro and several spare computers what I don't have is a week
> of spare time to spend searching and fighting to get it done. Why someone
> can't host the necessary files / libraries etc is beyond me.

Because it wouldn't make sense for someone to try to spend the time
to maintain them.  Between all the OS'es we support and the minor
variations of same, we'd end up trying to keep 100's of files
up-to-date and would be forever behind the 8-ball.

One way out of this would be for someone running each flavor of OS
to maintain an OS-dependent site with downloadable precompiled
packages.  We could have an SuSE site, a RedHat site, a Mandrake
site, a Solaris site, etc.  If people were to volunteer to do this
and to keep them up-to-date with OS versions and Xastir versions, we
could link them into a Wiki page that would point people there.