[aprssig] APRS Alt-Input digis

Bill Herrmann bherrman at spro.net
Thu Sep 23 01:18:20 EDT 2004

At 06:08 PM 9/22/2004 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>Annapolis MD has had an alternate 144.99 input

Are you doing this with a single port TNC in duplex mode? Is it colocated
with a 144.39 digi?

Does anybody have a viable dual port TNC that can be used to selectively
gate traffic between two "channels"? Does anybody have one that will
support WideN/TraceN etc. between the two channels? (A Kantronics 9612+ can
gate between a 9600bps and 1200bps channel but AFAIK it won't do it with a
WideN path.) I should note that I'm actually more interested in a modern
TNC with two 1200bps channels that can support WideN digipeating between
the two ports.

Bill