[aprssig] UI-Digi NOID question

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 22 09:34:36 EDT 2004

> > Which of these choices is correct for the NOID model?
> > //-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > // Uiflood Algorithm Flag  (Default 0)
> > //  Bit 0 Make Call Substitution After The Last Widen-n Digied
> > //  Bit 1 Insert Callsign Before Widen-n

What we really need is for the UI-DIGI software to change the above
wording to something much less confusing and in keeping with the
conventional use of the term NOID.  Here is what I sugggest:

* * // Uiflood Algorithm Flag  (Default 0)
* * //  Bit 0 NOID - Do not Insert Call until WIDEn-0
* * //  Bit 1 ID - Insert Callsign Before every Widen-n overwriting
                   any prior path data

Can we get this changed?  UI-digi is a great system and
runs on ANY TAPR-2 clone TNC.  It would be best to
take a new look at some of these details to make it
easier for DIGI owners to make the transition...

de WB4APR, Bob