[aprssig] UFO : VK4IE-13

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Sun Sep 19 11:32:30 EDT 2004

I have experienced similar things with my tracker.  I have been clocked at
over 100 mph and at over 45,000 ft!

This has always been a GPS problem.  My Garmin III+ GPS hangs up once in a
while and displays "Power down to reinitialize" when this problem has
occurred.  I have three III+ units and they have all exhibited this
phenomena at times.  One more than the others, so I quit using it.

Remember these devices all use microprocessors and they will hang up
occasionally just like your computer crashes at times.  It is something we
just learn to live with.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.org