[aprssig] A Final Thank You!

Ken Collins g4fip at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 06:06:20 EDT 2004

I would like to express my own personal message of thanks to you all for
the support and encouragement you gave to Roger, Dee, and their family
during their greatest hours of need.

The personal e-mails, the messages, and the tributes showed how much we
will all miss Roger.

I would also like to say a special 'Thank You' to the following:-

John Ackerman, N8UR, and the TAPR Board of Directors for Roger's
'Lifetime Achievement Award. This was presented to Dee by Darryl Smith,
VK2TDS.

The Tier 2 sysops for their tribute of $US500. This was presented by Joe
Noble, G3NHF.

The Core sysops for their tribute of $US600. This was presented by Brian
Davies, G3OYU.

The financial tributes are being donated to 'The St Barnabas Hospice', a
voluntary organization which cares for terminally ill patients. The
support they provided to Roger and the family was incredible. The
Hospice depends upon voluntary donations to keep going so those tributes
will help them continue their magnificent work.

Daren Loxley, M3LOX, and Simon Brown, HN9DRV, for the excellent web site
and Book of Condolence. The family have been reading the tributes every
day. Roger was a very modest person so the family did not know much
about his work or the esteem in which he was held. Not only have the
messages proved to be a source of condolence, they have made the family
feel very proud.

Ron Cluster, AC7TK, and all those who participated in the 'G4IDE
Atlantic Tribute'. When I saw it appearing I went over to the house and
installed UI-View32 in Dee's callsign, so that the family could see it
developing. They were thrilled by what they saw. A wonderful effort from
so many people.

Mind you, I +was+ getting a bit worried on the morning of the 15th.
<g>

Once again I wish to thank you all. At the age of 75 I'm a bit cynical
of politicians and what I see happening in the world. What you have done
has not only made me proud to be a radio amateur, it has also restored a
degree of faith in the basic goodness of the human nature.

On your behalf I offered a salute to Roger at the funeral service.

Now, Ladies and Gentlemen. I salute you all!

--
Ken Collins - G4FIP
E-mail:- g4fip at tiscali.co.uk

--